How can I prevent infection?
There are several ways to prevent the ransomware attack. Here are they:
- do not download the attachments of the emails from unknown senders;
- do not turn on the macros option in MS OFFICE package. (Attackers often send emails with the malicious attachments. It's sufficient to enable macros to launch the virus on your PC);
- before the launch of any file, which has been downloaded from the web, check it on virustotal.com;
- save your important data wherever the ransomware can not reach it. For example, Dropbox, Google Drive etc.;
- use antivirus software;
- do not use outdated software, especially old browsers (such as IE 9). They have vulnerabilities that attackers are happy to use against you;
- read more details on http://anti-malware.gridinsoft.com/gsam-news/ransomware-on-your-system/
Don't stay alone when your data is encrypted - get support of our community, useful tips and the perfect cure for your PC!